Sometimes the worst-case scenario actually happens. You delete a file you didn't intend to, or some piece of malicious software goes after your data. You click the wrong button and something you really needed just goes poof. Your important file, photo or video is gone forever... or is it?
Not if you have Computer Checkup. With Computer Checkup, you can perform regular local backups that will allow you to recover data and retrieve your lost files. And Computer Checkup doesn't just do data recovery -- it automatically backs up critical system files you didn't even know were critical. In other words, Computer Checkup has your back(up).
What is Computer Checkup?
Computer Checkup is an all-in-one PC optimization tool that identifies common issues that negatively impact your PC's performance and then helps clean up and fix any problem(s). It also assists in protecting your privacy by providing status updates for your anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and Windows Update software.
Data Backup and File Recovery
Face it. If you don't have a plan for computer backup, you're asking for trouble. Lost data and corrupted files can happen to anyone, no matter how careful you are. With AOL Computer Checkup, you can back up your critical files and make it easier to recover data when you need to. While it won't keep you safe from complete computer failure or a hard drive crash, it will keep your data from accidentally being deleted. AOL Computer Checkup even takes care of the critical files that work "behind the scenes" to keep your computer running -- you don't have to try to find and safeguard these system files. AOL Computer Checkup does it for you, automatically.
How does Computer Checkup's backup and recovery feature work?
Computer Checkup's backup and recovery software allows you to recover and restore deleted files by performing regular local backups. It'll even take care of automatically backing up critical system files you didn't even know you should be worried about.
- Undelete. Recaptures accidentally deleted files and data from your hard disk, removable drives & USB devices. If you accidentally delete a photo, important file, etc., Computer Checkup helps you identify the deleted file and recover it without the need of expensive data recovery services.
- Data Backup. Gives you the ability to back up your important files & documents locally, so that they can be recovered at a later point in time. (Note: This is not a replacement for online backup.)
- Data Recovery. Recover documents and files from a previous Data Backup. If you perform a Data Backup and then subsequently lose files (or they are corrupted), Data Recovery can recover the data.
- System Files Backup. Backs up the current state of your computer's important system files and registry. If your computer stops working, the backup can be used to recover your system.
- System Files Recover. Using System Files Recover, you can take the backup made by CCU to recover your system.
Not Just Data Backup and Recovery
AOL Computer Checkup does more than just recover data and keep your critical files safe. It also deletes hidden privacy traces from your Internet browsing history and permanently deletes files you no longer want or need. If you want to see everything that Computer Checkup can do, sign up for a free trial today.